Upgrading the lighting in your kitchen is one of the best things you can for your home. Under cabinet lighting is the number one pick for a lighting upgrade. It’s inexpensive and you get a lot of bang for your buck. But how does it make a difference and why?
- It creates a beautiful ambiance for your kitchen. Under-cabinet lights are the perfect way to create an accent light. Soft and mood setting, they can be used as normal lighting or as night lighting for those midnight snacks.
- Task lighting at its best! Very often, the direct space beneath upper kitchen cabinets is dark and unfocused. Under-cabinet lights help brighten the area and create more usable space for food prep.
- Great selection of lights for different needs. Fluorescent lights are extremely energy efficient, give off little heat and are great for shallow spaces. Xenon lights, while not as energy efficient have full dimming capacity and give a warm glow. LED lights are also energy efficient and are known for their long-life span.
- They are completely customizable for the look you are going for. If you want a uniform look for your under-cabinet lights, then linear rods or rope lights are a great choice. They light up your entire countertop and eliminate shadows. Smaller, puck lights create pools of light in specific areas for a more distinctive look.
- Under-cabinet lights give your kitchen a more cohesive look. Most kitchens have bright lights for cooking, but adding the soft lights beneath the cabinets helps to bring the kitchen together. Any upgrades you add contribute to the value of your home and under-cabinet lights add an expensive look.
If you are planning your kitchen remodel, don’t forget to include under-cabinet lights. The beauty and elegance they add to your kitchen are unmatched. They are an inexpensive addition to your remodel and can truly add that final touch you are looking for.